Sunday, February 10, 2008

Project Proposal

I know that everyone was completely confused by my project proposal last week. This is the newly simplified and clarified version!

I have decided to focus my project on creating fake food and taking photos of it. I'm going to focus on this one idea for now, because I can grow from there, and at least this way, I can start from somewhere. Today I did a photo shoot with some cupcakes I made out of vending machine balls, shaving cream, and little red marbles. I made them, then proceeded to wander all over campus with them and putting them in different places. Chairs, stairs, woods and grass were some of my locations. I had a lot of fun with it. So far, my project seems to be taking on the theme of Amelie's gnome photos - where Amelie travels all over, taking photos of her gnome wherever she goes. I'm researching different food ingredients right now, because I might want to add text later on to my images. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with that.
Lily

2 comments:

Kristin Doner said...

I think this sounds like loads of fun.... and much more manageable. You can complicate it later, after you get the hang of the food aspect. I shot some eggs for a while, and I found that the perspective/angle you shoot from really changes the "accessibility" of the food. Also, warm light really goes a long way in making the food inviting.

dvisser said...

Hey there,

We've had a chance to talk already, but I'm curious to hear how this has developed. Is there more than the first foray into fabricating food? as a reminder we talked about the context in which the food is placed, "believability," etc.

Fill me in. I'd like to see 6-8 prints by the first crit. 3-4 different efforts as fabrication.

dv
dv