Tuesday, February 12, 2008

project proposal

This semester I plan to continue my investigation with growth and perception. I plan on using a medium format camera and going out every day to photograph plant-life, I plan on also trying to do this project in 4x5. I am going to use the available light in the morning for my project. I like the idea of this project in a square format because it draws attention away from the shape of the image and brings your attention to what the photograph is about. I would like to show change in the most obvious way it presents itself to us.

2 comments:

dvisser said...

Hey Jennifer,

My concern here is that you push yourself forward in some way with this next incarnation of the project, rather than repeating your successful project from last semester. Consider movement and change broadly; think about other spaces on campus in which change features significantly, perhaps construction sites or social spaces. I'm going to bring in the work of Walid Raad - (http://www.photography-now.com/pn/Bilder/Hauptbilder/klein/T04288.jpg)
his collective, the Atlas group, did an incredible project, titled "Mapping Sitting,"
one facet of which was a moving picture created by hundreds of stills taken on the streets in Lebanon. Let's talk more after we've all looked at this project.

jarbios said...

should we schedule a time to talk individually?